Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time to relax….( benefits of body scrub) and learn how to make your own body scrub...



I went to Bergamia Spa yesterday with one my gurl’s friend Leslie.
We choose their package 5 Combination of Massage and body scrub for only Php 750.00

We avail their free sauna for 15 minutes. While we are inside their sauna booth they served ice tea for us.

After the sauna (they advise us not to take shower first so our pores is still open) we proceed to our designated room for milk salt scrub but I think they applied papaya salt scrub on me instead of milk. Then we take a shower.

After a shower I laid down again to my room for the honey application. Then I wait for 15 minutes before I got shower again.

And the last and my favorite part, the massage I love their massage actually I like what Ate Jezza did to me (the assigned therapist for me.) I’m very satisfied on her service I like the way she scrubs and massage my body. I felt relax and sleepy that time.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Using salt scrubs as a body treatment can help to exfoliate, moisturize, and smooth dry and damaged skin, leaving it feeling soft and virtually glowing. Salt scrub can help make your skin feel smoother and silkier.

Coffee body scrub will help you revitalize and detoxify your skin.
Coffee is an excellent skin cleanser and really improves circulation and skin tone.
The caffeine in coffee has a lot of benefits as it helps redistribute fat cells and decrease the formation of cellulite when you apply the body scrub topically.
Another benefit of caffeine is that it acts as a vasorestrictor, tightening and shrinking blood vessels so it helps eliminate varicose veins.

“DIY body scrub recipe

SALT BODY SCRUB RECIPE

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oil. Use sweet almond, grapeseed or another light-textured massage oil. Don't use simple cooking oil from your pantry.
1 cup fine sea salt. Baleine is a good choice. Don't use simple iodized table salt -- it's too harsh. If you have sensitive skin you can substitute sugar, which is gentler.
5-15 drops high quality essential oils. The essential oil you choose for your salt scrub depends on the result you want. Lavender is relaxing, lemongrass is refreshing and rosemary is stimulating. You can experiment and do your own blend.

Preparation:

Put the salt (or sugar) in a small bowl.
Add the oil, mixing well with a spoon or wooden stick. The texture should be moist enough to hold together, but not overly oily. You can adjust the amount of oil to achieve that texture.
Gently tap in the drops of essential oil and combine well. If you get more interested in aromatherapy you can customize your recipe using different essential oils.
So now you're ready to use your home-made salt scrub -- once a week is plenty.

coffee body scrub recipe:

1/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1/3 cup raw sugar or sea salt (we prefer sea salt)
2/3 cups massage oil (safflower oil, apricot kennel oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil and even olive or vegetable oil)

Procedure:

Mix all the ingredients together until it has an even color.
Take a shower to moisten your skin and open your pores. Rub the coffee body scrub onto your skin using wide, circular motions. Make sure you don't rub to hard but your pressure should be even all over.
Shower off, towel skin dry, and apply a thin layer of your favorite body lotion.

1 comment:

atif saleem said...

Keep updating. I am looking forward to more posts.massage wakefield